Hello and welcome to our special series of Green Elephant interviews during March 2021, supporting the annual B Corps month.
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
Throughout March, we are chatting with key people in companies which have chosen to certify as B Corps and become a Force for Good.
00:31 Interview with Jenny Kitchen from YoYo Design
- 00:45 Why YoYo?
- 02:01 Strong sense of identity and culture
- 04:03 What about the values?
- 05:13 Re-enforcing values
- 06:10 Why become a B Corp?
- 06:50 Started with Activism
- 09:44 Did the team step up to the challenge?
- 12:05 It’s a mammoth task to do the assessment
- 13:00 Yoyo Design is a bit different…
- 14:40 What is a digital solution?
- 15:50 An impressive number of brands
- 16:48 The benefits of working with an agency
- 17:15 The side benefits of being a B Corp
- 18:05 AR and VR Engagements
- 20:08 Umbraco Gold Partner
- Looking at your financial situation
- Changing your bank (eg Triodos)
- Changing your pension provider to one with sustainable funds
29:15 Fact or Fake
- YouTube’s annual carbon footprint is the same as the city of Glasgow (FACT)
- The name Umbraco means “screwdriver” (FAKE)
- It’s actually Hex or Allen Key (FACT)
- Google’s early VR project was known as “Google Cardboard” (FACT)
Find Jenny Kitchen and YoYo Design here: