Hello and welcome to our special series of Green Elephant interviews during March 2021, supporting the annual B Corps month.
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
Throughout March, we are chatting with key people in companies which have chosen to certify as B Corps and become a Force for Good.
00:35 Interview with Will Richardson from Green Element
- 01:44 The Green Element Podcast
- 02:42 Not limited to Environment only…
- 03:15 Tackling the dirty industries industry
- 05:01 A huge advocate of BP?!
- 06:00 Why work in an echo chamber?
- 06:28 Knowing the inner Will
- 07:25 A varied career!
- 08:51 Don’t ever be a travel agent
- 09:49 Environmental Management was a natural step
- 11:22 Are ISO Management systems an overhead?
- 13:31 Environment Impact instead of Management?
- 14:19 Saving Grant Thornton £250k first year
- 15:51 Any change in the companies reason for engaging?
- 16:57 In the first cohort of B Corps… why?
- 18:14 It fitted like a glove…
- 19:20 Is it getting any easier to keep the B Corps certification?
- 20:22 B Corp a route to talent?
- 20:44 Why do you value being a B Corp?
- 21:32 Wanted to put the structure in at the beginning…
- 22:24 A really difficult 2018
- 42:10 The Elon Musk argues with the financial regulatory bodies
- Calculate and report on your carbon footprint
- Compare your Footprint – free to us if under £300k turnover
- Set real scientific goals to reduce your footprint
30:26 Fact or Fake
- Is carbon offsetting good for the environment
- Agree to a degree (31:38)
- Article with some explanation
- Early in 2020, Australia suffered their most destructive bushfires on record. Over a period of several months, more than 11 million hectares (110,000 sq km or 27.2 million acres) of bush, forest and parks across Australia were burned (FACT)
- Around half the area of the UK on fire
- Is carbon pricing realistic?
- It is not – it is wildly undervalued @ £80-100/tonne by 2030
- In the EU, environmental tax revenue amounted to €124.6 billion in 2018 (FAKE)
- In the EU, environmental tax revenue amounted to €324.6 billion in 2018 (FACT)
- 49% rise since 2002
- Is carbon offsetting a risk?
- Yes, If you’re offsetting all your emissions annually, can the business afford the rise of the cost
Find Will Richardson and Green Element here: