Hello and welcome to our special series of Green Elephant interviews during March 2021, supporting the annual B Corps month.
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
Throughout March, we are chatting with key people in companies which have chosen to certify as B Corps and become a Force for Good.
00:30 Interview with Paul Woods from Adopt & Embrace
- 01:00 Why Adopt and Embrace?
- 03:15 Technology is almost secondary
- 04:00 Running a business can be lonely
- 04:36 First time through the assessment
- 04:50 “This is something a well run company needs”
- 08:00 Assessment is full of good ideas
- 08:32 Going through recertification
- 11:03 Services offered
- 11:48 What gets you out of bed
- 13:30 “Outcomes not outputs”
- 16:20 Hidden capabilities of Microsoft 365
- 18:20 Making employees life better
- 21:36 What is best practice with technology to keep the team engaged?
- 25:13 The positive impact of COVID
- 26:45 ZeroCarbon2030
- Apply work-life balance borders: Physical, Temporal and Psychological.
- Help employees to find their borders and find common ground
- (Mikes contribution) The One Thing – Gary Keller
33:53 Fact or Fake
- Microsoft has a gender balance of 3/4 male to female (FACT)
- Microsoft Office was first launched for the Mac in 1989 before it was released for Windows (FACT)
- Usage of Microsoft Teams has jumped 100% in the last 6 months (FAKE)
Find Paul Woods and Adopt and Embrace here: