The latest sustainability news, fun, facts and reviews from the Green Elephant for 19th May 2021.
01:04 As Israel and Palestine wage war, is sustainability just a rich world problem?
06:56 The India covid variant doesn’t care about sustainable travel
09:38 Economic recovery at the expense of everything?
12:40 German government agrees on tougher climate targets
13:33 John Kerry: US climate envoy criticised for optimism on clean tech
15:03 Mexico City Could Sink Up to 65 Feet
16:00 Should Your Organization Declare A Climate Emergency?
17:58 Amazon Issues $1 Billion Sustainability Bond
19:45 ExxonMobil wants you to feel responsible for climate change so it doesn’t have to
21:20 Bitcoin Mining Operation Pledges to Be Entirely Carbon Neutral by Next Month
22:00 How big is Bitcoin’s carbon footprint?
23:10 Tesla stops accepting Bitcoin as payment for its cars.
24:00 Planting a million trees in the semi-arid desert to combat climate change
24:51 Bad science’: Planting frenzy misses the grasslands for the trees
27:25 Gydeline Simple Business
36:05 Fact or Fake?
- According to the Plastic Waste makers index report published this week, South Korea is the country that produces the most single use plastic per capita
- RoyalDutch Shell is the greatest single-use plastic waste polluter in the world
- Just 30 global businesses responsible for 55% of the world’s plastic packaging waste
39:35 Play Your Carbon Right
- 1 year’s consumption of bread for an average person – more or less CO2e than:
- 4kW array of photovoltaic panels after 2 years use – more or less CO2e than:
- 11 tonne of ‘global average’ steel – 25% recycled – more or less CO2e than:
- Heart bypass operation
Thanks for listening to this weeks sustainability show!.