Hello and welcome to our second series of Green Elephant B Corp business interviews.
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
Throughout this series, we are chatting with key people in companies which have chosen to work towards certifying as B Corps and be a Force for Good.
00:35 Interview with Aneisha Soobroyen from Scrumbles
- 01:32 Elephant in the room question – What is a pretty poo?
- 02:30 How did you come to conclude that your pet’s poos weren’t smelling right?
- 04:04 Worked in food before?
- 05:01 Joined Bear Nibbles start-up
- 05:45 Bit of a leap from human to pet food?
- 06:18 A real challenge…
- 07:07 How do you develop something for something which can’t give you feedback?
- 08:00 Human taste testing?
- 08:50 Natural ingredients?
- 10:00 How does some food drive my cats wild?
- 10:47 A Veggie person creating meat-based products!
- 11:56 Meat does have a climate effect
- 12:15 We’re a pollo-pescetarian company!!
- 13:14 The circular economy use of waste?
- 15:25 On a positive side of the pandemic?
- 16:17 Packaging… love it or hate it?
- 17:30 Working with the University of Bath on packaging
- 19:02 The best option is… but not perfect
- 20:10 Other B Corps also battling
- 20:54 Going beyond the Cat and Dog pets
- 21:38 Where did all this sustainability start?
- 23:40 Make one positive change a month
- 26:05 Why become a B Corp?
- 28:50 What do you value about being a B Corp?
- 33:00 A mention for a bum-tapping supermarket
- 33:10 Heard of Pouch-gate?
- 34:31 Cracking into the big supermarket is a challenge
Post Fact or Fake – Geeky Marvel Universe Reference
- 43:13 Pets have their own impact…
- Watch out for the blog aricle
- Go local. Support your local Businesses
38:01 Fact or Fake
- Because dog and cat food tends to have more meat than the average human diet, this means that American dogs and cats consume about 25 percent of the total calories derived from animals in the United States. (FACT – 2017 USA)
- In 2019 in the UK, they found that 50 per cent of adults own a pet, with 10.9 million people owning a cat, up from six million in 1981 (FACT – 2021 UK)
- Increase in 2020 – but abandonment is now going up!
- 20.8 million dogs and cats consuming just one tin or unrecyclable plastic package of cat food per day results in 7.6 billion containers being manufactured each year, just in the UK. (FACT – UK)
- Add to this, another 3.6 billion plastic bags for picking up the estimated 1.2 million tons of dog-poop
Find Aneisha Soobroyen and Scrumbles here:
Watch the video
We really hope that you’ve found this B Corp interview both informative and entertaining. Make sure you don’t miss any of the business leader interviews with some of the most sustainable, socially responsible and ethical companies on the planet by subscribing below.