Hello and welcome to our special series of Green Elephant interviews during March 2021, supporting the annual B Corps month.
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
Throughout March, we are chatting with key people in companies which have chosen to certify as B Corps and become a Force for Good.
01:20 Interview with Martin Bunch from Bates Wells
- 01:35 Can you make an ethical company more ethical?
- 02:45 Why do lawyers get a bad rap?
- 04:35 Is it harder for a law firm to become a B Corp
- 05:18 Profit with purpose?
- 05:40 Sustainability is not just renewable energy…
- 06:45 UBER appeal court ruling
- 08:12 Types of people in employment terms…
- 08:54 The Gig Economy…
- 09:38 The B Corps Better Business Act Campaign
- 12:22 Building Back Better…
- 13:40 Sharing with others in the community… Parlex Group
- 15:10 Why choose B Corps as a certification?
- 17:50 Profit focus
- 18:10 B Corps – a marketing stunt?
- 20:00 The COVID lockdown effect
- 21:33 Employment Law is good but complex
- 23:13 Fuddy-duddy alert!
- 24:24 Escape the City
- Top 100 (Check out number 75!)
- 25:30 Value of being a B Corp
- 27:28 An employee forum and the dress code
34:10 Fact or Fake
- The first animal to go extinct due to global warming was the Golden Toad in 1989 (FACT)
- The average cow produces 250-500 litres of methane a day (FACT)
- A thousand species of animals and plants are on the verge of extinction in 2020 due to the impact of climate change (FAKE)
Find Martin Bunch and Bates Wells here: